Comedy Central U.K. to Air Final Seasons of U.S. 'The Office'
The deal gives the pay TV channel the full run of the hit show.
LONDON -- Comedy Central U.K., a joint venture between Viacom International Media Networks and pay TV satellite operator BSkyB, has inked a deal with NBC Universal International Television Distribution for the final two seasons of the U.S. version of The Office.
Co-produced by Deedle-Dee Productions and Shine America, in association with Universal Television, seasons eight and nine completes Comedy Central U.K.'s offering of the entire run of the American television comedy, which will begin airing on the channel this month.
Adapted from the British comedy by Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant, The Office follows the staff of Dunder Mifflin, a paper supply company in Pennsylvania, and stars Steve Carell, Rainn Wilson, John Krasinksi and Jenna Fischer.
The acquisition deal was agreed by Brad Wood, head of acquisitions for Comedy Central U.K. and NBC Universal, who described it as a "staple" in his channel's schedule.
VIMN owns 75 percent, while BSkyB has 25 percent in Comedy Central U.K. which airs on the pay TV satellite Sky and pay TV cable operation Virgin Media.
It will roll out starting Oct. 16.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's Top 25 Stylist, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR