Comedy Has Its Golden Moment
Formidable dramas also are set to battle at the only contest that doesn't pit funny against the serious.
This year's field of best musical or comedy contenders -- 50/50, The Artist, Bridesmaids, Midnight in Paris, My Week With Marilyn -- is as deep as any in recent years. Completely devoid of clunkers to fill out the category or to attract big names (think: Burlesque and The Tourist), it features five truly original stories that span the spectrum of comedy, several of which could wind up as nominees at the Oscars as well.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR