Comedy Network Orders Picnicface TV Series
Canadian series will expand on Picnicface's fast-paced, mash-up comedy that has proved a hit on online video websites.
The Canadian sketch comedy troupe Picnicface, a local YouTube sensation, is ready for primetime.
The Canadian cable channel Comedy Network has ordered 13 half-hours of Picnicface from indie producer Breakthrough Entertainment, to be executive produced and showrun by Mark McKinney (Kids in the Hall).
The sketch comedy series, to be shot in Halifax, Nova Scotia, will expandon Picnicface's fast-paced, mash-up comedy that has proved a hit on online video websites.
"Irreverent and incredibly hilarious, we're preparing to unleash the international Haligonian Internet phenomenon, Picnicface, on our viewers," Comedy Network vp Millan Curry-Sharples, said.
The eight-person Picnicface sketch troupe includes Andrew Bush, Kyle Dooley, Cheryl Hann, Mark Little, Brian MacQuarrie, Evany Rosen, Scott Vrooman and Bill Wood.
The troupe just wrapped production on its first feature film, RollerTown, which was produced in Halifax by Jay Dahl and Bill Niven.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)
- The CW's 'Star Crossed' Is The Classic WB Show You've Been Waiting For
- Love 'Cosmos?' Then NASA's 'Images Of A Space-Time Odyssey' Will Make Your Jaw Drop (PHOTOS)