Comic-Con 2012: UltraViolet Gets A Boost From Flixster
Free UltraViolet copies of Warner Bros. films including “Mortal Kombat,” “Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery” and “Green Lantern” will be available to Comic- Con attendees.
Warner Bros. Entertainment’s subsidiary Flixster is offering Comic-Con attendees free UltraViolet-enabled copies of select Warner Bros. titles incuding Green Lantern.
UltraViolet is a “purchase once, watch anywhere” service for digital content through which consumers can maintain a personal, virtual digital content library. The Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem consortium of companies launched the service in 2011 because its members believe it could improve the value prop for digital content ownership.
Through July 15, Comic-Con attendees can receive complimentary UltraViolet movies by tweeting unique hashtags found at the DC Entertainment booth at the San Diego Convention Center; and at the “Batcave,” which is located near the “Extra at Comic-Con” stage at Bayfront Park. New hashtags will be available each day for access to titles such as Mortal Kombat, Mars Attacks! and Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery.
Flixster is also presenting free screenings of The Goonies, Beetlejuice and Friday the 13th (2009) this week at the “Extra at Comic-Con” stage.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR