Comic-Con 2012: UltraViolet Gets A Boost From Flixster
Free UltraViolet copies of Warner Bros. films including “Mortal Kombat,” “Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery” and “Green Lantern” will be available to Comic- Con attendees.
Warner Bros. Entertainment’s subsidiary Flixster is offering Comic-Con attendees free UltraViolet-enabled copies of select Warner Bros. titles incuding Green Lantern.
UltraViolet is a “purchase once, watch anywhere” service for digital content through which consumers can maintain a personal, virtual digital content library. The Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem consortium of companies launched the service in 2011 because its members believe it could improve the value prop for digital content ownership.
Through July 15, Comic-Con attendees can receive complimentary UltraViolet movies by tweeting unique hashtags found at the DC Entertainment booth at the San Diego Convention Center; and at the “Batcave,” which is located near the “Extra at Comic-Con” stage at Bayfront Park. New hashtags will be available each day for access to titles such as Mortal Kombat, Mars Attacks! and Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery.
Flixster is also presenting free screenings of The Goonies, Beetlejuice and Friday the 13th (2009) this week at the “Extra at Comic-Con” stage.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Film Festival Unveils Star-Studded Lineup for 67th Edition
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Jennifer Garner's Birthday Will Be Spent At A Talent Show
- Pharrell Williams Tells Oprah About The Big Mistake He Made On His First Solo Album (VIDEO)
- The First 'Orange Is The New Black' Season 2 Trailer Is Finally Here And It's Amazing
- A Bloods General Describes Gang Life In Exclusive Clip From Tribeca Film, 'Five Star'