Comic-Con: Jack Black to Preview New Web Series
"Ghost Ghirls" will debut in San Diego ahead of its fall launch on Yahoo.
Jack Black is returning to Comic-Con.
Black, who last appeared in 2005 for King Kong, will be back in San Diego with his new web series, Ghost Ghirls. He will take part in a panel July 18 from 1 to 2 p.m. in the Hilton Bayfront's Indigo Ballroom, where he will premiere an episode before it debuts on Yahoo in the fall as part of the fall comedy lineup.
Panelists also include co-stars/creators Amanda Lund and Maria Blasucci, director/creator Jeremy Konner and Erin McPherson, vp and head of video and Yahoo.
“We heard that Comic-Con is haunted. Never fear, the Ghost Ghirls are on the way!” Black said in a statement.
The 12-episode Ghost Ghirls centers on two best friends, Heidi (Lun) and Angelica (Blasucci), who work as paranormal investigators. Each episode details their adventures as they attempt to solve otherworldly cases. Black, Dave Grohl, Val Kilmer, Jake Johnson, Molly Shannon and Jason Schwartzman are among the celebrity guest stars.
Ghost Ghirls was created by Konner, Lund and Blasucci. Black's Electric Dynamite co-produces with Priyanka Mattoo and Shine America.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Seth Meyers To Host 2014 Emmy Awards On August 25
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services