Comic-Con: Jack Black to Preview New Web Series
"Ghost Ghirls" will debut in San Diego ahead of its fall launch on Yahoo.
Jack Black is returning to Comic-Con.
Black, who last appeared in 2005 for King Kong, will be back in San Diego with his new web series, Ghost Ghirls. He will take part in a panel July 18 from 1 to 2 p.m. in the Hilton Bayfront's Indigo Ballroom, where he will premiere an episode before it debuts on Yahoo in the fall as part of the fall comedy lineup.
Panelists also include co-stars/creators Amanda Lund and Maria Blasucci, director/creator Jeremy Konner and Erin McPherson, vp and head of video and Yahoo.
“We heard that Comic-Con is haunted. Never fear, the Ghost Ghirls are on the way!” Black said in a statement.
The 12-episode Ghost Ghirls centers on two best friends, Heidi (Lun) and Angelica (Blasucci), who work as paranormal investigators. Each episode details their adventures as they attempt to solve otherworldly cases. Black, Dave Grohl, Val Kilmer, Jake Johnson, Molly Shannon and Jason Schwartzman are among the celebrity guest stars.
Ghost Ghirls was created by Konner, Lund and Blasucci. Black's Electric Dynamite co-produces with Priyanka Mattoo and Shine America.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws