Comic-Con 2012: Hot Panels and Parties
What to see and do amid the TV and movie panels and big parties during the San Diego fan fest.
This story first appeared in the July 20 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine.
What to see and do amid the panels and parties in San Diego.
Hot Movie: Shrieks from the Breaking Dawn presentation could be overpowered by testosterone from The Expendables 2, where Stallone and Schwarzenegger are making their first Comic-Con appearances.
Hot TV: Homeland exec producers Alex Gansa and Howard Gordon will unspool the first trailer for season two ahead of Showtime's Dexter panel.
Hot Party: Geek-celebs will flock to the Kings of Con fete thrown by producer Daniel Alter, hotelier Edward Kaen and blogger Umberto Gonzalez. Last year, Jon Favreau served as DJ.
Big Question: Will Sam Raimi reveal what he thinks of The Amazing Spider-Man at Disney's Oz, the Great and Powerful panel?
Hot Movie: Mystery surrounds Elysium, filmmaker Neill Blomkamp's follow-up to District 9. Stars Matt Damon and Jodie Foster will be there to reveal the first footage.
Hot TV: TV invades Hall H and Ballroom 20 in the scheduling mess of the weekend, pitting The Big Bang Theory opposite the Firefly 10th anniversary panel with Joss Whedon and Nathan Fillion; The Walking Dead opposite Bones; and Game of Thrones clashing with The CW's Arrow.
Hot Party: WBTV's cocktail party. Last year, the Big Bang cast mixed it up with Conan O'Brien. Vampire Diaries and Revolution stars should be a big lure.
Big Question: At NBC's Community panel, will Joel McHale and cast stick to the infamous "talking points memo" when asked about fired showrunner Dan Harmon?
Hot Movie: Quentin Tarantino will bring footage from Django Unchained, and Marvel is planning to show off the in-production Iron Man 3. But all eyes will be on Warner Bros.' Superman reboot Man of Steel, with star Henry Cavill rumored to attend and show footage.
Hot TV: Glee producers will reveal details on how the fourth season will handle characters postgraduation.
Hot Party: Breaking Bad season-five premiere and 20th Television's reception with Gleeks Lea Michele and Cory Monteith should empty into the EW bash.
Hot Movie: Slow day, but the Comic-Con Independent Film Festival bestows awards (THR's Borys Kit is a judge).
Hot TV: Fox's Fringe goes out in style with a farewell panel in Hall H, its first without longtime co-showrunner Jeff Pinkner, who departed the series in June.
Big Question: At the panel called Max Brooks: Zombie Survival 101, will the author of World War Z talk about the trouble plaguing the Paramount movie?
Hot Party: Sadly, the party's over.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Audrey Evans and Alonza Bevan of Tumblewild Discuss Their Evocative New Album, When the World Had Four Corners
- Joe McGinniss Dead: 'Fatal Vision' Author Dies At 71
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera