Coming soon to a multiplex in Vietnam
Two new multiplexes are opening this month in Ho Chi Minh City as Vietnam expands its market for U.S. films.
The theaters, the MegaStar Cinema Hung Voung Plaza 8 and the MegaStar Cineplex Saigon Plaza 6 in Bien Hoa, will open on Sept. 12 and 13 with a premiere at Vuong Plaza 8 of Universal's "The Bourne Ultimatum" as well as a one-day Bourne Festival of the previous Matt Damon-starring films, according to J. Edward Shugrue, founder and CEO of New York-based Envoy Media Partners, Ltd., an 80% shareholder of MegaStar Media, the Vietnamese joint venture in which Phuong Nam Corporation and Envoy are partnered.
Shugrue, former president of a Sony international division, said the Hung Voung complex also will house the home office of MegaStar Cineplex exhibition headquarters as well as the offices of its sister company, MegaStar Distribution, the local agent-distributor for Paramount, Universal, Disney, and Sony films.
The new state-of-the-art theaters, which include beer bars and coffee cafes, provides MegaStar with a circuit of about 30 screens. The company currently operates the MegaStar Vincom City Towers 8 and the MegaStar Hai Phong Young in Hanoi.
"With these two openings we can finally call ourselves a national circuit," said Shugrue. "No one company operates as many screens in as many locations as we at MegaStar. We have two additional projects under construction in Saigon South and in Da Nang with another four in preliminary planning."
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR