Common lands 'Hell on Wheels' pilot
Rapper nabs lead role on AMC's contemporary western
NEW YORK -- Rapper-actor Common is getting his first TV lead role. AMC said Tuesday it has cast him as one of the leads in its newest pilot "Hell on Wheels."
The show is described as a contemporary western that centers on the building of the Transcontinental Railroad.
Common will play Elam, a freed slave who goes West to work on the railroad and find his place in the world. As a half black, half white man, he does not completely belong to either world.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR