'Community' Star Joins Mandate's 'Seeking a Friend for the End of the World' (Exclusive)
Gillian Jacobs is tapped for the Steve Carell-Keira Knightley film.
Community actress Gillian Jacobs is joining the cast of Mandate’s Seeking a Friend for the End of the World. Lorene Scafaria wrote the script and is making her directorial debut on the pic.
Focus is distributing the movie domestically, which sees Steve Carell and Keira Knightley embark on a trip to find Carell’s lost love set against the backdrop of an asteroid hurtling towards Earth.
Jacobs will play a waitress high on Ecstasy the duo meet on their journey
The movie, which also counts William Petersen, Adam Brody, Rob Corddry and Derek Luke among its cast, began shooting in Los Angeles this week.
Jacobs plays the love interest of Joel McHale in NBC’s Community, one of TV’s more geekier shows. Film-wise, she appeared in Choke opposite Sam Rockwell and Gardens of the Night opposite John Malkovich.
She is repped by UTA and Principal Entertainment.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's Top 25 Stylist, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR