'Community' Star Gillian Jacobs Joins Elizabeth Banks in 'Walk of Shame' (Exclusive)
James Marsden is already on board the Lakeshore Entertainment and Sidney Kimmel Entertainment comedy.
Gillian Jacobs, one of the stars of NBC’s Community, is joining Elizabeth Banks in the Lakeshore Entertainment and Sidney Kimmel Entertainment comedy Walk of Shame.
The story centers on a high-strung news anchor (Banks) who, after a drunken one-night stand, finds herself locked out on the street with no phone, money, ID or car and embarks on a series of misadventures as she finds her way across Los Angeles to the most important job interview of her life.
Jacobs will play Banks’ best friend.
James Marsden and Willie Garson are already cast.
Lakeshore’s Tom Rosenberg and Gary Lucchesi will produce alongside Sidney Kimmel. Steve Brill wrote the screenplay and is directing.
FilmDistrict will distribute Walk of Shame in the U.S. Lakeshore and Sierra/Affinity began selling international territories at the American Film Market in November.
Jacobs is currently shooting the indie crime thriller The Look Alike with Justin Long and recently wrapped the quirky horror movie Milo. She’s back on the air with Community’s fourth season starting Feb. 7, 2013 and will appear with Steve Carell and Jim Carrey in New Line’s The Incredible Burt Wonderstone, which opens in March.
She is repped by UTA and Principal Entertainment.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Cultural Appropriation FAQs, Featuring Vanessa Hudgens And The Return Of The Celebrity Bindi
- Katy Perry's 'Birthday' Music Video Ruins All Birthday Parties
- Betty White Tells Larry King She Doesn't Understand Homophobes
- Annecy attendees will be the first to feast their eyes on "Feast," Walt Disney Animation Studios' newest short