Completion Bond Group Film Finances Launches German Operation
The first bond issued by the new, Cologne-based operation was for Ron Howard’s German-shot feature "Rush," and "Cloud Atlas" also got its support.
COLOGNE, Germany – Completion bond group Film Finances has launched a new German operation to service big budget co-productions shot in the territory.
Located in Cologne, Film Finances’ German office will be run by Marcus Loges, a line-producer on the Tom Hanks/Halle Berry starrer Cloud Atlas, which Film Finances’ bonded and which shot in Germany.
The world leader in completion guarantees, Film Finances is based in L.A. but also has offices in Canada, Australia, the U.K., Japan, Scandinavia and South Africa.
The first bond issued by the new Cologne office was for Ron Howard’s period racing film Rush starring The Avengers’ Chris Hemsworth and German actor Daniel Brühl.
Film Finances’ co-presidents Kurt Woolner and Steve Ransohoff said the recent increase in high-end German co-productions requiring completion bonds made the decision to set up a German office a logical one. Woolner attributed the boost in co-production to Germany’s lucrative state subsidy schemes, includes its federal film fund, the DFFF.
Together with Arri Film & TV, a division of Munich-based camera technology giant ARRI, Film Finances is developing a program to help produces better access and monetize German subsidies. ARRI development exec Thomas Nickel is coordinating the program.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"
- The Extremely Hard Lessons That the Themed Entertainment Industry Learned From Hard Rock Park
- Joe Biden Posts First Selfie With None Other Than President Obama