'Conan' books 'G.I. Joe' actor
Said Taghmaoui to play a leader of thieves
Said Taghmaoui, who played Breaker in the summer hit "G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra," has booked a role in "Conan," Nu Image/Millennium's take on the barbarian warrior created by Robert E. Howard.
Stephen Lang, the bad guy in "Avatar," has come aboard as the villain of the movie directed by Marcus Nispel.
Taghmaoui is playing a leader of thieves who is saved by Conan (Jason Momoa) and later offers him aid. Lang is a ruler in search of a queen whose blood will bring life to the demonic minions of a long-lost god.
Mickey Rourke was in talks to play Conan's father, but those discussions fell apart. The role remains open.
Shooting is scheduled to start this week in Bulgaria.
Taghmaoui, repped by Innovative Artists and the Collective, also appeared in "The Kite Runner" and had a stint on ABC's "Lost." Lang is also repped by Innovative Artists.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Zac Efron, Dave Franco, and Christopher Mintz-Plasse Share Crazy Stories From "Neighbors" Set at SXSW 2014
- Jennifer Aniston Would Trade Bodies With Gisele Bundchen, Is Just Like Us
- What We Want To See In 'Looking' Season 2
- I Ain't Gonna Work on Maggie's Farm No More: 'True Detective' and the Deep Dark Secret of the American Psyche