'Conan' books 'G.I. Joe' actor
Said Taghmaoui to play a leader of thieves
Said Taghmaoui, who played Breaker in the summer hit "G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra," has booked a role in "Conan," Nu Image/Millennium's take on the barbarian warrior created by Robert E. Howard.
Stephen Lang, the bad guy in "Avatar," has come aboard as the villain of the movie directed by Marcus Nispel.
Taghmaoui is playing a leader of thieves who is saved by Conan (Jason Momoa) and later offers him aid. Lang is a ruler in search of a queen whose blood will bring life to the demonic minions of a long-lost god.
Mickey Rourke was in talks to play Conan's father, but those discussions fell apart. The role remains open.
Shooting is scheduled to start this week in Bulgaria.
Taghmaoui, repped by Innovative Artists and the Collective, also appeared in "The Kite Runner" and had a stint on ABC's "Lost." Lang is also repped by Innovative Artists.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's Top 25 Stylist, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR