Conan O'Brien joins Twitter
Ex-'Tonight' host draws 100,000 followers in first three hours
If Conan O'Brien's debut on Twitter is any indication, Coco fever is stronger than ever.
In his first public comment since his final "Tonight Show" on Feb. 12, O'Brien launched a Twitter account Wednesday afternoon, @conanobrien, and sent his first tweet.
"Today I interviewed a squirrel in my backyard and then threw to commercial. Somebody help me," he wrote on his page, which also includes his bio summed up as "I had a show. Then I had a different show. Now I have a Twitter account."
What followed was a wildfire on the microblogging site.
Within the first three hours, O'Brien had more than 100,000 followers, with 1,000 new fans signing up every minute.
On Thursday, O'Brien stuck to wacky dear diary style with his second tweet: "This morning I watched Remington Steele while eating Sugar Smacks out of a salad bowl. I was naked."
He also crossed the 300,000 followers mark.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR