Concessions made on Carmike pricing
How about some recession popcorn and soda while at the local movie theater?
Exhibitor Carmike Cinemas said Wednesday that it will try its own version of an economic stimulus plan for consumers on a traditionally slow moviegoing night.
The Columbus, Ga.-based company is launching "Stimulus Tuesdays" next week at its 250 locations with about 2,300 screens. Under the deal, it will offer 16-ounce drinks and 46-ounce popcorns for $1 each.
"While lawmakers in Washington continue to debate how to get the American economy back on track ... Carmike has an immediate solution that is sure to please our valued patrons and make the moviegoing experience more affordable and enjoyable," director of marketing Dale Hurst said. (partialdiff)
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's Top 25 Stylist, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR