Conde Nast Entertainment Names SVP of Business Development and Strategy
Former Sony Music exec Whitney Hill will develop and manage the brand's digital content and distribution business, including its recently launched video network.
Condé Nast Entertainment has made a key hire in its big push into web content. The company announced Wednesday the addition of Whitney Hill as senior vp of business development and strategy.
The position, which she takes on effective immediately, will report to the company's executive vp and chief digital officer Fred Santarpia.
“Whitney has assembled innovative global deals, involving multiple distribution partners and rights holders, that have created new monetization models and revenue streams,” said Santarpia. “Her knowledge of the global marketplace makes her the perfect executive to help us grow and expand our digital businesses.”
Developing and managing the company's digital content and distribution efforts, including the recently launched video network based on the publishing house's brands, Hill comes to CNE from Sony Music Entertainment. There, she most recently served as senior vp of strategic partnerships and global digital business. She started at the company working on corporate development and digital strategy, after holding jobs at at Twentieth Century Fox and Sony Pictures Entertainment.
Just last week CNE announced the launch of its digital video network on March 12, with web series based on flagship publications Glamour and GQ.
“With the launch of our digital network, featuring programming inspired by the exceptional Condé Nast brands, we are creating more ways for our unparalleled audience of influencers and trend-setters to experience their favorite content,” said CNE president Dawn Ostroff. “Consumers will now be able to view and share authentic Condé Nast video series across all platforms, in easily-accessible ways.”
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Zosia Mamet Attends 'Hand To God' Opening Night with Boyfriend Evan Jonigkeit!
- Rita Ora Rocks Sexy Pink Bodysuit for L.A. Music Video Shoot!
- Shirtless Josh Henderson's Six Pack is Unreal in Op's Latest Campaign with Bikini-Clad Nina Agdal!
- Ian Somerhalder & Kristen Bell Set to Present at Kids' Choice Awards 2014!