Confessions of the Emmy Writers
With six weeks to go before the Sept. 18 awards, nominees in comedy and drama share their favorite war stories from the trenches.
TV scribes are likely the most put- upon of all writers. They not only create the blood and guts of their shows, but many also lead the charge in the writers room, troubleshoot on the set and, in one case, direct, edit and produce. (Looking at you, Louie.) Here, this year's 14 nominated scribes reflect on their toughest creative moments, the power of comic relief and how The Real Housewives can be a terrible distraction.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR