Confirmed: My Chemical Romance Song Will Be Used In 'American Idol' Ad
Plus, new judge Steven Tyler makes a surprise appearance at the Roxy.
Fox has confirmed that the latest My Chemical Romance single, appropriately titled "Sing," will appear in ads for American Idol, starting Saturday night.
In November, MCR frontman Gerard Way told The Hollywood Reporter, "The offer was pretty much a no-brainer. Any kind of infiltration is great... It's something a lot of people are going to see and they'll hear the music which is the most important thing." Added guitarist Frank Iero, "I think it would be really cool if an actual band was heard on the biggest music TV show."
The guys may not see the ad when it premieres, however, since the band will be getting ready to hit the stage at the KROQ Acoustic Christmas concert Saturday. MCR is promoting its fourth studio album, Danger Days: The True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys, which was released on Nov. 22.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR