Conservative Star Tomi Lahren "Banned Permanently" From The Blaze (Report)

Screengrab/TheBlaze
Tomi Lahren

Lahren was previously suspended for the pro-choice comments she made on 'The View.'

Tomi Lahren won't be returning to The Blaze after being "banned permanently" for her pro-choice comments, according to a report in The New York Post

Lahren, host of Tomi on conservative network The Blaze, was first suspended for comments she made March 17 on The View. "I can't sit here and be a hypocrite and say I'm for limited government, but I think the government should decide what women do with their bodies," Lahren said on The View.

Lahren's comments were widely criticized by conservatives on Twitter and the controversy intensified the day after The View appearance when she sought to defend herself, tweeting: "I have moderate, conservative, and libertarian views. I'm human. I will never apologize, to anyone, for being an independent thinker."

That tweet led to a very public rebuke from The Blaze chief Glenn Beck, who questioned Lahren's intellectual honesty on his radio show. "I would disagree that you're a hypocrite if you want limited government and yet you want the government to protect life of the unborn. It's very, very clear," he said. "But it takes intellectual honesty, and it takes a willingness to actually think these things through and to do more than just read Twitter or Facebook to get your news and your political opinions."

A Beck insider told Page Six that the firestorm from the right over Lahren's comments has led to her permanent ban. “Glenn is reminding the world of his conservative principles by sidelining Tomi after she insulted conservatives by calling them hypocrites,” the Beck insider said.

THR has reached out to The Blaze for comment.

comments powered by Disqus