Constantin puts its name on 'Anonyma'
CANNES -- "Downfall" producer Constantin Film has signed on to produce "Anonyma -- A Woman in Berlin" based on the best-selling autobiography of a woman living in Berlin at the time of Germany's capitulation in spring 1945.
Director Max Faerberboeck, a Golden Globe nominee for his World War II drama "Aimee und Jaguar" (1999), will direct. Nina Hoss ("The White Massai") will star, alongside August Diehl ("The Counterfeiters"), Sandra Hueller ("Requiem"), Joerdis Triebel ("Emma's Bliss") and Juliane Koehler ("Downfall").
"Anonyma" will begin shooting soon in Poland and Cologne, Germany, for a planned 2008 theatrical release. Beta Cinema, which handled both "Downfall" and "The Counterfeiters" for Constantin, has picked up international sales duties on the film.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR