Constantin Signs Film Deal With German Comedian Bulent Ceylan
The stand-up star has a hit TV show on German network RTL.
COLOGNE, Germany - Constantin Film has signed up German comedian Bluent Ceylan to turn his hit stand-up routines into a feature film.
Ceylan's comedy focuses on culture clash between the country's ethnic German and Turkish communities. He also hosts his own successful TV show on leading commercial network RTL, which just wrapped its second season. The Bluent Ceylan Show, with its combination of sketch comedy and live performance - as well as its focus on racial stereotypes - is comparable to Comedy Central's Chappelle's Show.
Ceylan will co-develop and star in the planned feature film project, which Constantin's Oliver Berben will produce. Martin Moszkowicz, Constantin's head of film and television, will act as executive producer.
Constantin's deal with Ceylan follows the company's successful collaboration with another German stand-up star, Mario Barth, whose debut film Mannersache (2009) Constantin produced and which earned more than $17 million at the German box office. Barth's follow-up, The Couples Therapist, is currently in development.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR