'A Contract With God' set for big screen
Four directors to helm Will Eisner's graphic novel
Will Eisner's graphic novel "A Contract With God" is being adapted into a live-action feature by writer-producer Darren Dean.
"God" recounts Eisner's memories of growing up in a New York City tenement, and four directors, who will each helm one chapter of the tale, have lined up to bring it to the screen.
The quartet consists of Alex Rivera ("Sleep Dealer"), Tze Chun ("Children of Invention"), Barry Jenkins ("Medicine for Melancholy") and Sean Baker ("Prince of Broadway").
Dean -- who also co-wrote and produced "Prince of Broadway," which will be released by Elephant Eye Films in the fall -- will produce the adaptation under the auspices of the Eisner estate. Bob Schreck and Michael Ruggiero will serve as co-executive producers, with Tommy Oliver as co-producer and Mark Rabinowitz as associate producer.
The project was announced at Comic-Con at the 22nd annual Will Eisner Comic Industry Awards, honoring achievement in American comic books.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'
- Let's Help Rush Limbaugh With This Whole Movies With The Word 'Slave' In The Title Thing