A look at who's writing what in this week's Hollywood Reporter.
LACEY ROSE: After seven years of covering such subjects as real estate and media at Forbes magazine, Rose came to THR eager to home in on the business of television. "Many suggested I'd made a mistake. Film offered a level of cachet that TV never would, my old editors told me," she recalls. "But as we put together this year's top showrunners list, I was reminded that folks from Breaking Bad's Vince Gilligan to Mad Men's Matthew Weiner to Boardwalk Empire's Terence Winter deliver awards-caliber, mini-movies every week." Writing about Showtime's Homeland, which captured the top four drama series Emmys and is the subject of this issue's cover story (page 60), surprised Rose, a Duke grad and native of Rye, N.Y., who now lives with her husband, Andy Katz-Mayfield, in L.A. "I went in expecting to tell one story -- about a celebrated show -- and came out with an odyssey of a friendship" between reunited partners Alex Gansa and Howard Gordon.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR