A look behind the scenes at the writers and photographers who contributed to this week's edition.
BILL PHELPS: Managing a photo shoot with six of Hollywood's most respected actors is never an easy thing to pull off. And Phelps, a self-taught photographer who now resides in Brooklyn, was prepared for the worst but was pleasantly surprised at The Actors Roundtable when Denzel Washington (Flight), Richard Gere (Arbitrage), Jamie Foxx (Django Unchained), Matt Damon (Promised Land), Alan Arkin (Argo) and John Hawkes (The Sessions) showed up at La Descarga lounge in Hollywood to be captured. "It all went so smoothly," recalls Phelps, who shot THR's Bradley Cooper cover in September and campaigns with Reebok and Harley-Davidson. "The timing was tight, but we had everything in place, and they were eager to get in the shots. We focused on mood and lighting and just let them be themselves." While it can be hard to choose a favorite among such illustrious company, Phelps doesn't hesitate: "John Hawkes. He is, without question, the real deal."
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR