Controversial 'Kennedys' Miniseries Fails to Attract Major Advertisers
"Advertisers are scared to death of this. They told us point blank, ‘It's too politically hot,’ " gripes the head of ReelzChannel, which picked up the miniseries in January after History yanked it.
National advertisers are notorious wusses, shying away from any program that might be even the slightest bit controversial. So it was essentially inevitable that a media frenzy over a miniseries depicting one of the most iconic political families in history would result is a tough ad sales pitch for The Kennedys. Three weeks before the eight-part series premieres April 3, ReelzChannel has failed to line up any major sponsors.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR