Core Media Group Taps Simon Shaps to Lead U.K. Division
The former ITV director of television will form his own London-based team to create formats to sell globally.
Core Media Group has tapped Simon Shaps to build its international base.
Shaps, who was most recently director of television at ITV, commissioned some of the most successful U.K. shows, such as Britain's Got Talent. In partnership with Core Media, he will lead and form his own team in London to create formats to be sold globally, as well as identify investment opportunities for Core, including production companies and international formats.
Shaps will report to Marc Graboff, president of Core Media Group, and will work closely with Jennifer O'Connell, head of Core's U.S. television division.
“Core is committed to bringing its unique approach for creating and developing our own shows to the international market and we could not ask for a better partner than Simon Shaps, a true visionary who has one of the best track records in the industry," said Graboff. "We look forward to working with him on building Core's international presence.”
"I was hugely impressed by the calibre of the team at Core Media Group, under Marc's leadership. They have already expanded the business in the U.S., and I am delighted to work with them to grow Core's assets internationally."
Shaps' hire comes after Core hired Glenn Stickley as svp television production and Jenny Ramirez as vp development and production.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack