CORE Media Taps Jennifer O'Connell to Lead U.S. Television Division
The former Shed Media exec will be charged with establishing CORE as a significant content provider of scripted and unscripted programming.
CORE Media Group has tapped Jennifer O’Connell to head U.S. Television. The announcement came Thursday from CORE Media president Marc Graboff, to whom O’Connell will report.
She’ll be responsible for all aspects of original scripted and unscripted production and development and charged with establishing the company – which is also a producer of American Idol – as a significant content provider.
O'Connell comes to CORE from Shed Media, which produces a slew of unscripted series including VH1’s Basketball Wives, NBC Who Do You Think You Are? and Bravo’s Real Housewives of New York City and Bethenny Ever After.
"I have always been impressed by Jen's intelligence and creativity, as well as her great relationships in the creative community,” Graboff said in a statement. “With her deep experience on the selling and producing side of the television business, coupled with her prior expertise as a network buyer, Jen is truly the ideal executive to lead CORE's television operations."
Added O'Connell: “I look forward to rejoining Marc and building CORE’s television business at this very exciting time. This is a unique opportunity to not only leverage and nurture the company’s current assets, but also build a team to take this company to the next level."
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR