Corey Feldman Addresses Corey Haim's Oscar Snub

Corey Feldman, left, and Corey Haim in 2007
Corey Feldman, left, and Corey Haim in 2007
 Frazer Harrison/Getty Images

Corey Feldman isn't happy about his former friend and co-star Corey Haim being omitted from the "In Memoriam" segment at Sunday's Oscar ceremony.

Feldman and Haim starred in several movies together, including 1987's The Lost Boys, 1988's License to Drive and 1989's Dream a Little Dream. They also went on to star in The Two Coreys, a reality series that aired from 2007-08 on A&E. Haim died March 10 of a pulmonary edema.

"Corey's films have earned the industry over a half a billion dollars, and his work remains an inspiration to young artists worldwide," Feldman told TMZ. "Corey dedicated his life to the film industry. The same industry that failed to dedicate even 30 seconds to his memory."



He added that the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences doesn't "have a handle on who the public adores."

Feldman also spoke out last month after Haim was omitted from the "In Memoriam" segment at the SAG Awards.

"I have faith that the Academy will make a wiser choice," he said in a statement.

In a statement to TMZ, the Academy addressed Haim's omission: "Whatever the length of the sequence, there will always be fans and family members of those not included who will be disappointed by their omission. The Academy extends its understanding and its apologies to those who missed seeing a favorite face in this year’s feature."

comments powered by Disqus