Corey Feldman Criticizes SAG Awards for Omitting Corey Haim From Memoriam Tribute
Corey Haim was not included in the In Memoriam section of the SAG Awards on Sunday night, and his former co-star Corey Feldman is not happy about it.
Feldman said in a statement: "We have become used to not being honored by our peers in the industry."
Haim died on March 10 of last year and was the star of films such as The Lost Boys and License to Drive. He was also in a 2007 reality series with Feldman called The Two Coreys.
Feldman gave hope that Haim would be remembered as part of the Oscar program.
"I have faith that the Academy will make a wiser choice," the statement said.
SAG Awards Producer Kathy Connell gave this statement to THR:
"Screen Actors Guild loses so many wonderful actors in a year and unfortunately not all of them can be included in the In Memoriam package. One of the SAG Awards Committee hardest jobs is to select who is included. Some people who are included early on, may not be in the final package due to the passing of other SAG members.
"This year we prepared a longer version in hopes of being able to salute more actors and a shorter version if it was needed due to time. Mr. Haim was in the longer version. As the show was running long, we were forced to chose the shorter package. The Committee only wishes they had the time to salute everyone."