Corey Haim's Mother Condemns Corey Feldman's Memoir (Report)
The late actor's mother said she was "stunned and saddened" by claims in "Coreyography" about alleged sexual abuse.
TORONTO -- Late Canadian actor Corey Haim's mother insists she's "stunned and saddened" by a new memoir by Corey Feldman that alleges Haim was sexually molested when he was a teenager, according to Global News.
“If my son ever wanted to talk about any such things he would have done so himself, but he chose not to,” Judy Haim wrote in a statement she sent to Global News, and which was made public by the broadcaster's website Monday.
Coreyography: A Memoir, by Feldman, claims Haim told his former friend and co-star about a sexual assault in his youth.
Haim's mother dismissed Feldman's revelations in his book as "slanderous lies."
But the Global News report indicates she did not deny her son was sexually molested.
“I haven’t read Feldman’s book and have no intention to,” Judy Haim added in her statement.
“If Feldman’s publisher had contacted me, I doubt they would have published this book," she added.
Feldman and Haim starred in several movies together, including 1987's The Lost Boys, 1988's License to Drive and 1989's Dream a Little Dream.
They also went on to star in The Two Coreys, a reality series that aired from 2007 to 2008 on A&E.
Haim died March 10, 2010, of a pulmonary edema.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR