Grammys: In Memoriam Tribute Misspells Cory Monteith's Name
A picture of the late "Glee" star appeared on screen along with his last name spelled "Montieth."
This year's Grammys honored Cory Monteith during its in memoriam segment, but the telecast flubbed the spelling of the late Glee star's name.
Screengrabs of Monteith's name -- spelled "Montieth" in the segment -- quickly made the rounds on Twitter, with viewers criticizing the Grammys for the mistake.
Canadian journalist Mike Morrison tweeted "Someone’s getting fired," after the mistake aired.
— Mike Morrison (@mikesbloggity) January 27, 2014
One viewer tweeted "it's 2014 & no one has spell check? His name is Cory MONTEITH!!! Fire the fact check clerk!," while another wrote "Ohh...
#GRAMMYs y'all didn't spell @CoryMonteith's name correctly...'i' before 'e,' but not this time."
Monteith, who played quarterback Finn Hudson on Fox's Glee, was found dead July 13, 2013. He was 31. An autopsy revealed that the actor died of mixed drug toxicity involving "intravenous heroin use combined with the ingestion of alcohol."
For full Grammys coverage, visit THR.com/grammys.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws