Cannes 2012: Entertainment One Grabs U.S., UK Rights to David Cronenberg's 'Cosmopolis'
The deal with Kinology gives the Canadian distributor the North American rights to the thriller that stars Robert Pattinson, Juliette Binoche and Paul Giamatti, ahead of its Cannes debut.
TORONTO - Entertainment One has acquired the U.S. and British distribution rights to David Cronenberg’s Cosmopolis from Paris-based Kinology.
That gives Toronto-based Entertainment One the North American rights to Cronenberg’s latest film, which is to screen in competition at the Cannes Film Festival.
The Canadian distributor earlier secured the Canadian rights to Cronenberg’s thriller, which is based on Don DeLillo’s novella of the same name.
Cosmopolis stars Robert Pattinson, Juliette Binoche and Paul Giamatti, and portrays a hedge fund trader who is stalked while his fortune evaporates.
Cosmopolis, a Canada-France co-production, is produced by Paulo Branco of Alfama Films and Martin Katz of Prospero Pictures, with Grégoire Melin of Kinology on board as a co-producer.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Audrey Evans and Alonza Bevan of Tumblewild Discuss Their Evocative New Album, When the World Had Four Corners
- Joe McGinniss Dead: 'Fatal Vision' Author Dies At 71
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera