Cannes 2012: Entertainment One Grabs U.S., UK Rights to David Cronenberg's 'Cosmopolis'
The deal with Kinology gives the Canadian distributor the North American rights to the thriller that stars Robert Pattinson, Juliette Binoche and Paul Giamatti, ahead of its Cannes debut.
TORONTO - Entertainment One has acquired the U.S. and British distribution rights to David Cronenberg’s Cosmopolis from Paris-based Kinology.
That gives Toronto-based Entertainment One the North American rights to Cronenberg’s latest film, which is to screen in competition at the Cannes Film Festival.
The Canadian distributor earlier secured the Canadian rights to Cronenberg’s thriller, which is based on Don DeLillo’s novella of the same name.
Cosmopolis stars Robert Pattinson, Juliette Binoche and Paul Giamatti, and portrays a hedge fund trader who is stalked while his fortune evaporates.
Cosmopolis, a Canada-France co-production, is produced by Paulo Branco of Alfama Films and Martin Katz of Prospero Pictures, with Grégoire Melin of Kinology on board as a co-producer.
- The Epic Disney Blow-Up of 1994
- Mickey Rooney's Final Days Marred by Bizarre Family Feud
- Why Stephen Colbert Is the Perfect David Letterman Replacement
- 'The Normal Heart's' 30-Year Journey From Barbra Streisand to Ryan Murphy
- T.D. Jakes on Bringing God to Hollywood and Brushing Off Criticism From Cynics
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR