'Cougar Town' Creator Bill Lawrence Sells Workplace Comedy to CBS
The "Scrubs" mastermind and "Friends" executive producer Greg Malins have received a pilot production commitment from the network.
CBS is getting into the Bill Lawrence comedy business.
The network has given the Cougar Town creator, along with former How I Met Your Mother executive producer Greg Malins, a pilot production commitment for a workplace comedy.
The multi-camera project, from Lawrence's Doozer production company in association with Warner Bros. TV, will also count NBC's former comedy head turned Doozer president Jeff Ingold as an executive producer.
Lawrence, whose other credits include Scrubs and Spin City, is repped by ICM; Malins, an EP on Friends and Better with You, is repped by WME.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR