'Cougar Town' Creator Bill Lawrence Sells Workplace Comedy to CBS
The "Scrubs" mastermind and "Friends" executive producer Greg Malins have received a pilot production commitment from the network.
CBS is getting into the Bill Lawrence comedy business.
The network has given the Cougar Town creator, along with former How I Met Your Mother executive producer Greg Malins, a pilot production commitment for a workplace comedy.
The multi-camera project, from Lawrence's Doozer production company in association with Warner Bros. TV, will also count NBC's former comedy head turned Doozer president Jeff Ingold as an executive producer.
Lawrence, whose other credits include Scrubs and Spin City, is repped by ICM; Malins, an EP on Friends and Better with You, is repped by WME.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- 'Captain America' Conquers Box Office For Third Straight Week
- Jordin Sparks' Wears A Bikini To The Opening Of Tao Beach, Jason Derulo Joins Her In Gym Clothes
- Watch Bruce Springsteen Cover Van Morrison's 'Brown Eyed Girl'
- Justin Bartha & Lia Smith Reportedly Welcome Baby Girl!
- Idina Menzel Sings 'Take Me or Leave Me' with Two Lucky Fans for Charity - Watch Now!
- Vanessa Hudgens Sees Hearts While Dancing at Coachella!