'Cougar Town's' Brian Van Holt Joins 'Wild' Starring Reese Witherspoon (Exclusive)
Jean-Marc Vallee directs the film, which follows a woman who decides to leave her troubled life behind and hike the Pacific Crest Trail alone.
Cougar Town actor Brian Van Holt has joined the Reese Witherspoon starrer Wild.
The Fox Searchlight film, directed by Jean-Marc Vallee, centers on a woman (Witherspoon) who decides to leave her troubled life behind and hike the Pacific Crest Trail alone. The 2,663-mile trail runs from the Mexico border up to the Canadian border on the West Coast.
Van Holt will play an Oregon park ranger who woos Witherspoon’s character. The movie is currently shooting.
Nick Hornby wrote the screenplay, and Witherspoon and Bruna Papandrea, who originally optioned Cheryl Strayed’s best-selling memoir through their Pacific Standard banner, will produce with River Road Entertainment’s Bill Pohlad.
Van Holt, best known for playing Bobby Cobb on the TV comedy Cougar Town, most recently appeared on FX’s drama The Bridge. His film credits include Bullet to the Head starring Sylvester Stallone, and Black Hawk Down. He’s repped by APA and Circle of Confusion.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack