David Arquette Files for Divorce From Courteney Cox
The estranged couple first announced their separation in October 2010.
David Arquette has filed for divorce from his estranged wife, Courteney Cox, on their 13th wedding anniversary, according to legal documents posted online Tuesday by TMZ.
The actor cited "irreconcilable differences" as the reason for the filing.
In the papers, which were signed March 23 but filed only Friday, Arquette is seeking joint custody of their 7-year-old daughter, Coco. However, he is not asking for spousal or child support and did not mention any division of property in the documents.
Arquette and Cox met when both were co-starring in 1995's Scream and then got married June 12, 1999. They announced their separation in October 2010.
The couple also appeared in the horror franchise's three sequels together and launched a production company, Coquette Productions, whose credits include the TV series Cougar Town and Dirt, both starring Cox.
Arquette recently guest-starred on Cougar Town, which is making the move from ABC to TBS for its upcoming fourth season.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'