Craig Ferguson to be Honored at Banff Festival
"The Late Late Show" host will receive the Sir Peter Ustinov Award at the upcoming Canadian Rockies industry retreat.
TORONTO -- The Late Late Show’s Craig Ferguson is hoping his upcoming Banff World Media Festival tribute will rid him of personal demons.
Or give him a sweeping view of the Canadian Rockies. Either way, he's flattered.
"I'm delighted to be receiving such a prestigious honor that will surely end any doubt and self-loathing that I have and compensate for a difficult childhood," Ferguson said in a statement on news he will receive the Sir Peter Ustinov Comedy Award at this year’s festival.
“If it doesn't do that, at least I get to visit beautiful Banff. Win-win,” he added.
The tribute also will give Banff organizers yet another accomplished comic to honor after earlier Ustinov comedy awards went to Ricky Gervais, Kelsey Grammer and, last year, Chuck Lorre.
Ferguson also will feature in an informal interview session at the conference.
“Craig Ferguson has been a leader in late-night comedy television for years, and we are delighted he will be joining us this year to receive the Sir Ustinov Comedy Award,” said Ferne Cohen, Banff executive director, in a statement Friday.
The Banff World Media Festival is set to run from June 9 to 12 in the Canadian Rockies resort.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Bryan Singer, 'X-Men' Director, Calls Suit A 'Sick, Twisted Shakedown'
- The Club 47 Folk Revival Explores the Iconic History of Old Cambridge Folk Club
- Jack Kilmer Talks 'Palo Alto,' His Acting Career And Growing Up With Famous Parents
- Lupita Nyong'o and America's Complicated Relationship With Beauty