Craig Ferguson Nearing Deal to Stay Put at CBS through 2014
As part of the pact, the "Late Late Show" host is poised to move his CBS series to a larger stage at TV City.
Craig Ferguson is very likely staying put at CBS.
The Late Late Show host is nearing a new deal to remain with the network through 2014. As part of the pact, Ferguson's 12:35 a.m. show, which launched in early 2005, will move to a bigger stage at CBS' Television City, a well-placed source tells The Hollywood Reporter.
The move follows reports last month that CBS had begun talks to ensure Ferguson and David Letterman's shows would continue at CBS. Letterman, whose Worldwide Pants owns both shows, has had his Late Show at the network since 1993 and has managed to close the ratings gap with rival Jay Leno's Tonight Show in recent months.
For his part, the Scotland-born Ferguson has been a valuable piece of CBS' lineup, which has proved the model of stability as rival NBC played its very public game of late-night musical chairs. Outside of his Emmy-nominated nightly show, the WME-repped Ferguson has authored multiple books, done significant stand-up work and provided voice-overs for a host of films, including How to Train Your Dragon and Winnie the Pooh.
CBS declined to comment.
Email: Lacey.Rose@THR.com; Twitter: @LaceyVRose
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Three Grandmas Read Beyonce's 'Drunk in Love' Lyrics & Their Reactions Are Hilarious - Watch Now!
- Lena Dunham & Allison Williams Are 'Girls' Jetting Out of LAX!
- Chris Evans & Scarlett Johansson Take Flight to Start 'Captain America' Press Tour!
- Eva Longoria Celebrates 39th Birthday at 'Ocean Drive' Cover Party!