'Criminal Minds' spinoff finds female lead
Beau Garrett to star opposite Forest Whitaker in series
Beau Garrett has landed the female lead on CBS' "Criminal Minds" spinoff.
The project, from ABC Studios, the Mark Gordon Co. and CBS Studios, will be introduced in the spring on an episode of "Criminal Minds."
It revolves around a new group of profilers, led by Cooper (Forest Whitaker), who work outside the FBI bureaucracy.
Garrett will play Gina, a tough girl and recent FBI recruit who is loyal to Cooper and the object of Mick's (Matt Ryan) flirting.
Last year, Garrett played the female lead on ABC's pilot "Empire State," which was also produced by ABC Studios and the Mark Gordon Co.
Her feature credits include "4: Rise of the Silver Surfer" and the upcoming "Tron Legacy."
Garrett is repped by ICM and manager Sean Fay of KLWG.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"
- The Extremely Hard Lessons That the Themed Entertainment Industry Learned From Hard Rock Park
- Joe Biden Posts First Selfie With None Other Than President Obama