Critic's Analysis: Berlin Film Festival Lineup
6:34 PM PST 2/22/2011 by Deborah Young
Early forecasts of a lackluster event proved untrue thanks to such popular titles as Golden Bear winner "Nader and Simin," Miranda July's "The Future" and Ralph Fiennes' impressive directing bow, "Coriolanus."
BERLIN -- Does the Berlin International Film Festival have an image problem? And if not, why did the Berlinale's moderately strong Competition category get so put down from the very start, before anyone had seen a single film?
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Social & Mobile