Critic's Notebook Cannes 2012
Bookish films rule the must-see list, but it's not easy guessing what the jury has in store.
One year ago at this time, much of the press coverage of the upcoming Cannes Film Festival was centered upon Terrence Malick's long-delayed The Tree of Life, accompanied by speculation that it was probably the film to beat for the Palme d'Or. As it turned out, this was correct. But how many of the same pieces put a spotlight on a silent, black-and-white French film about Hollywood by a director with an unpronounceable name no one had ever heard of?
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR