CTV Acquires Mark Burnett's Expedition Impossible
CTV, having secured a solid audience for The Amazing Race, acquires three U.S. reality series -- Expedition Impossible, Take the Money and Run and Love in the Wild -- for its summer 2011 campaign.
TORONTO – Canadian broadcaster CTV has picked up Mark Burnett’s Expedition Impossible for its summer schedule.
The ABC competition series with 13 teams of three players struggling to get across deserts, mountains and rivers to the finish line joins two other U.S. reality series as part of CTV’s summer campaign.
Also headed north is the NBC reality dating series Love In the Wild, where 20 singles attempt a love connection deep in a Costa Rican jungle, and ABC’s Take The Money and Run, a six-episode run executive produced by Jerry Bruckheimer where ordinary people attempt to outwit law enforcement professionals for a $100,000 prize.
CTV’s upcoming schedule continues a Canadian tradition where local broadcasters air new American dramas and comedies during their fall and winter campaigns, before going to rookie and returning Canadian and foreign reality shows in the summer.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Joe McGinniss Dead: 'Fatal Vision' Author Dies At 71
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera