CTV Grabs Billboard Music Awards
Multi-year deal gives CTV rights to Billboard Music Awards on May 22.
TORONTO – CTV has acquired the exclusive Canadian rights to the re-emerged Billboard Music Awards, as part of a multi-year deal.
The Canadian TV deal will start with the 2011 Billboard Music Awards, live from Las Vegas on Sunday, May 22.
"As mass audience television events, award shows have never been more popular," Phil King, president of CTV programming and sports, said in a statement.
The 2011 Billboard Music Awards are co-executive produced by Richard D. Beckman, CEO of Prometheus Global Media, the publisher of The Hollywood Reporter, and Don Mischer of Don Mischer Productions.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR