CTV Launching 'Smash' Pilot Online During Super Bowl Weekend
An aggressive roll-out plan for the NBC musical drama includes an advance digital screening of the pilot episode, and a marketing blitz on smartphones, tablets and social media.
TORONTO – Steven Spielberg’s Smash musical drama is being given an aggressive Super Bowl Weekend roll-out north of the border, ahead of the official February 6 premiere date on CTV.
Canadian broadcaster Bell Media plans a three-day, multi-platform marketing push online, on tablets, on mobile and on VOD, starting Friday, February 3.
The pilot episode of Smash will stream online over the Super Bowl weekend as Bell Media takes advantage of partying Canadians drawn to its broadcast of the Big Game on CTV.
And social media will be pressed into service, with viewers asked to cast their votes for their favourite Smash Marilyn Monroe character, via Twitter, with Smash and CTV prize packs up for grabs.
Smash stars Katharine McPhee, Megan Hilty and Debra Messing in a drama about players bringing a musical about Marilyn Monroe to Broadway.
“We’ve scheduled it (Smash blitz) during one of the most-watched weekends of the year, allowing us to sample this fantastic new series to as wide an audience as possible, just before its television debut,” Phil King, president, CTV programming and sports, said.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR