CTV Picks 'Flashpoint' For Coveted Post-Super Bowl Slot
The homegrown cop drama gets the plum Super Bowl lead-out slot, with Fox's 'Glee' airing in Canada on rival Global Television.
TORONTO – Canadian broadcaster CTV has chosen the third season finale of the homegrown cop drama Flashpoint, starring Victor Garber, for its coveted post-Super Bowl slot on Sunday, Feb. 6.
CTV will simulcast Fox's Super Bowl XLV game, but not the U.S. network's lead-out show Glee, which airs on rival Global Television in Canada.
So CTV will air at around 10 p.m. on Feb. 6 the cliff-hanging Flashpoint episode Fault Lines, where Garber (Eli Stone) stars an elite military psychologist intent on destroying a rival squad.
Flashpoint as a Super Bowl lead-out show aims to help CTV draw viewers to the upcoming fourth season of the homegrown cop drama, which CBS and ION are to jointly air as part of a complicated U.S. syndication deal recently unveiled.
Rival Global Television plans to air Glee after the Super Bowl game at 10:30 p.m., as part of a Gleeks Sue-Per Bowl Sunday.
That airing will be preceded by the Simpsons: Elementary School Musical episode at 7:30 p.m., two Glee episodes at 8 p.m. and 9 p.m., followed by a re-run of The Office at 10 p.m., where the office is invited to a Glee viewing party.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Johnny Depp & Amber Heard Hold Hands at 'Cabaret' Opening!
- Emma Stone & Felicity Jones Bring Girl Power to 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Premiere!
- Andrew Garfield Rides Bus with Underprivileged Kids to 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Premiere!
- Olivia Munn Insisted Her 'Newsroom' Character Sloane Not Wear Turtlenecks!