CTV Wins Night With 2011 Billboard Music Awards
Canadian music sensation Justin Bieber dominating the "2011 Billboard Music Awards" helped CTV beat out The Celebrity Apprentice finale on rival Global Television by airing the revived music awards show from Las Vegas.
TORONTO -- Local boy Justin Bieber wasn’t the only one to win big at the 2011 Billboard Music Awards Sunday night.
Canadian broadcaster CTV said it won the night in Canadian primetime by pulling in an average 1.5 million viewers for the Las Vegas awards show, beating out The Celebrity Apprentice finale on rival Global Television with 1.3 million eyeballs, according to BBM Canada data.
With the simulcast of the ABC music awards show three hours in length and the Apprentice finale at two hours, CTV added the 2011 Billboard Music Awards pulled in 1.43 million viewers in head-to-head competition from 9-11 p.m.
In all, 6.76 million Canadians tuned into part of the Billboard Music Awards show to see Stratford, Ontario-born Bieber take home six trophies, among other winners like Eminem, Rihanna, Katy Perry, Taylor Swift and Beyonce.
The Billboard Music Awards last aired in Canada in 2006.
CTV acquired the exclusive Canadian rights to the revived Billboard Music Awards as part of a multi-year deal.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR