Cuba Gooding Jr. Wanted By New Orleans Police After Bar Incident
A warrant has been issued for the actor's arrest after he allegedly shoved a female bartender in the early hours of Tuesday morning.
Cuba Gooding Jr. is a wanted man.
Police in New Orleans have issued a warrant for Gooding’s arrest after the actor allegedly shoved a female bartender twice around 3 a.m. on Tuesday, the L.A. Times confirms. The incident, first reported by TMZ, occurred at The Old Absinthe House on Bourbon Street.
A female bartender told officers that several fans had approached Gooding, asking him to take photos, and he “soon became very aggravated with them,” officials said. The bartender then approached the Jerry Maguire actor, asking him to calm down.
In response, Gooding allegedly pushed her back with an open hand. One of her coworkers then dialed 911, according to police.
The bartender said that she told Gooding that police were on the way and asked him to leave, to which he allegedly shoved her one last time before exiting the bar. No arrests were made at the scene.
Gooding is currently in New Orleans filming The Butler with Oprah Winfrey.
A rep for Gooding did not immediately return The Hollywood Reporter’s request for comment. Calls to the New Orleans Police Department went unanswered.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Aerosmith's 'Dream On' Performed To Honor Boston Marathon Victims And Survivors (VIDEO)
- Bryan Singer Accused Of Sexually Assaulting Underage Boy
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"