Cuba Gooding Jr. Meets With Authorities After Bar Incident
A rep for the actor says that there is no longer a warrant for his arrest in New Orleans.
A dramatic day for Cuba Gooding Jr. appears to be all cleared up.
On Tuesday, reports surfaced that New Orleans police had issued a warrant for the actor’s arrest after he allegedly shoved a female bartender twice at The Old Absinthe House on Bourbon Street.
A rep for Gooding tells The Hollywood Reporter that the actor met with authorities on Wednesday and that there is no longer an arrest warrant out for him.
“There is no warrant,” the rep said in a statement. “Mr. Gooding, his representatives and the New Orleans authorities met this morning and are moving swiftly to resolve this misunderstanding.” The rep did not address the bartender’s claims.
As THR previously reported, a female bartender told officers that several fans had approached Gooding, asking him to take photos, and he “soon became very aggravated with them,” officials said. The bartender then approached the Jerry Maguire actor, asking him to calm down.
In response, Gooding allegedly pushed her back with an open hand. One of her coworkers then dialed 911, according to police.
The bartender said that she told Gooding that police were on the way and asked him to leave, to which he allegedly shoved her one last time before exiting the bar. No arrests were made at the scene.
Gooding is currently in New Orleans filming The Butler.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'