Cut! Amputation is Having a Hollywood Moment
From "Grey's" to "Walking Dead," why limbs are flying off the screen this TV season.
Some of TV's biggest dramas are getting a leg up on the competition this fall with storylines centering on amputation. On ABC's Grey's Anatomy, Jessica Capshaw's character is being fitted for a prosthetic limb after her leg was amputated following injuries sustained in the plane crash featured in the season-eight finale. AMC's top-rated The Walking Dead, no stranger to gore, recently featured a character (Scott Wilson) having his leg brutally chopped off with an ax in a bid to prevent his transformation into a zombie. And not to be outdone, American Horror Story's Chloe Sevigny had both legs removed in a torture sequence, marking the FX series' second amputation this season after Adam Levine had his arm ripped off.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR