CW Developing Contemporary 'Alice in Wonderland' Drama
The femme-skewing network has made a script order for "Wunderland," a contemporary reimagining centered on a young female detective in present-day Los Angeles who discovers another world that exists under the surface of this ultra-modern city.
First, the CW decided it would reboot Beauty and the Beast; now, the young-skewing network is reimagining Alice in Wonderland.
A script has been commissioned for the project, titled Wunderland, which is being billed as a contemporary iteration of Alice in Wonderland, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed. The drama will center on a young female detective in present-day Los Angeles who discovers another world that exists under the surface of this ultra-modern city.
Wunderland will be written and executive produced by Playboy Club's Chad Hodge, with McG (Gossip Girl) and Peter Johnson attached as executive producers. The hour-long entry is set up at McG's Wonderland Sound and Vision in association with Warner Bros. Television.
The project joins such efforts as a high school monster drama, a Sleepy Hollow reboot and a Wonder Woman origins drama in contention for a pilot order later this development season.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR