CW Developing Contemporary 'Alice in Wonderland' Drama
The femme-skewing network has made a script order for "Wunderland," a contemporary reimagining centered on a young female detective in present-day Los Angeles who discovers another world that exists under the surface of this ultra-modern city.
First, the CW decided it would reboot Beauty and the Beast; now, the young-skewing network is reimagining Alice in Wonderland.
A script has been commissioned for the project, titled Wunderland, which is being billed as a contemporary iteration of Alice in Wonderland, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed. The drama will center on a young female detective in present-day Los Angeles who discovers another world that exists under the surface of this ultra-modern city.
Wunderland will be written and executive produced by Playboy Club's Chad Hodge, with McG (Gossip Girl) and Peter Johnson attached as executive producers. The hour-long entry is set up at McG's Wonderland Sound and Vision in association with Warner Bros. Television.
The project joins such efforts as a high school monster drama, a Sleepy Hollow reboot and a Wonder Woman origins drama in contention for a pilot order later this development season.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Aerosmith's 'Dream On' Performed To Honor Boston Marathon Victims And Survivors (VIDEO)
- Bryan Singer Accused Of Sexually Assaulting Underage Boy
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"