CW Orders Dr. Drew Show for Afternoon Block
"Lifechangers" will feature Pinsky and a panel of experts helping people resolve conflicts.
Dr. Drew Pinsky is headed to daytime.
The CW confirmed Monday that it has ordered a daily, half-hour show titled Dr. Drew's Lifechangers that will air in its afternoon block starting in the fall.
The show, from Warner Bros.' Telepictures Prods., will focus on people dealing with conflicts in their lives, which could include relationship or addiction issues. Pinsky and a panel of experts ranging from celebrities to people working in the medical field will try to help the show's guests.
Lifechangers will air weekdays in a two-episode block from 3-4 p.m. (an original episode will be followed by a repeat). The CW currently airs repeats of now-defunct The Tyra Banks Show in the slot.
Pinsky will executive produce Lifechangers along with Lisa Gregorisch-Dempsey, senior executive producer of Extra, who also created the new series. Another exec producer also is expected to be hired.
Pinsky is no stranger to helping people on TV in such shows as Celebrity Rehab With Dr. Drew, Sober House and Sex Rehab With Dr. Drew, all for VH1. He's also set to debut a new primetime show for HLN, titled Dr. Drew Pinsky, in the spring.
Broadcasting & Cable first reported the Lifechangers news.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sofia Vergara Flaunts Amazing Bikini Body & Rock Hard Abs for 'Women's Health'! (Exclusive Pic)
- January Jones & Christina Hendricks: Ladies of 'Mad Men' Help Launch Jimmy Choo's CHOO.08
- Jenny McCarthy & Donnie Wahlberg Engaged, Announce News on 'The View' - See Her Engagement Ring Here!
- Tori Spelling Speaks for First Time About Unfaithful Husband Dean McDermott