CW Renews 'Vampire Diaries,' 'Gossip Girl,' More
Two more veteran scripted series also returning for 2011-12 season, in addition to an all-star cycle of "America’s Next Top Model."
The CW has announced early pickups for five of its series.
The Vampire Diaries, Gossip Girl, Supernatural and 90210 will return for the 2011-12 season. America’s Next Top Model has been picked up for two more cycles, including its first all-star edition featuring models from previous cycles.
Vampire Diaries, returning for a third round, continues to be the CW’s most-watched drama averaging 4 million viewers, and is its top show in the women 18-34 demographic (2.9).
Although Gossip Girl has dipped in the ratings, the Josh Schwartz-developed drama will be back for Season 5. It ranks second in the women 18-34 demo.
Supernatural has been a solid performer on Friday nights this season, boosting the network’s performance by 66 percent in adults 18-34 and 60 percent in viewers from the previous year. 90210 will return for a fourth season.
All five series return this fall.
No official decision has been made on bubble shows Hellcats, Nikita and One Tree Hill.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR